Networks 3D Visualization Tools for Mac OS X
Networks 3D is a software under development to create and interact with graphically appealing visualizations of large complex networks. Its main objective is to provide means for visual exploration of the data. The software also combines visual feedback with properties calculated or provided. The tool is based on an optimized force-directed algorithm that generates runtime projections of networks in 2D or 3D.
The software currently runs only on Mac OS X and requires an Intel-based Mac. It is currently at BETA stage of development and is distributed under Cyvision Restricted Academic License
Networks 3D 0.9.1 BETA - Demo Version
Last Update: April 22, 2018.
- Please contact me if you are interested in the full version.
- The software is under development and may present bugs or missing features.
- By downloading this software you automatically agree with the Cyvision Restricted Academic License.
- Acknowledge the credits for the authors (F. N. Silva and L. da F. Costa) in any derived work based on this software, also reference this page and cite at least one of the related references if possible.
- For academic use only.
- Do not redistribute.
- A Mac with Intel Core 2 Duo or higher.
- Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, may work in previous versions (not tested).
- Integrated Graphics Cards are not recommended when dealing with large networks.
See it in action
For more examples, take a look at my youtube channel:
Silva, F.N.; Amancio, D.R.; Bardosova, M.; Costa, L. da F. and Oliveira Jr, O.N.
Using network science and text analytics to produce surveys in a scientific topic
Journal of Informetrics v. 10, 2, p. 487-502 (May, 2016)
Silva, F.N.; Rodrigues, F.A.; Oliveira Jr, O.N. and Costa, L. da F.
Quantifying the interdisciplinarity of scientific journals and fields
Journal of Informetrics, v. 7, 2, p. 469-477 (Apr, 2013)